Profile of Adams Christopher Tinat, Former KRPC Pengassan Chairman
Mr. Adams Christopher Tinat was born on the 3rd of October, 1958 to the humble family of Police Inspector Tinat Adams from Jankasa in Zangon Kataf Local Government Area of Kaduna State. The father was attested to be straightforward, sincere, humble and a man of integrity which made him to be respected among his peers in the force, these attributes have found expression in the life of Mr. Tinat. The blend of Industry and discipline from his mother molded him to the man he is today as a religious and hard working person.
He started his early education at TC Demonstration Primary School in Kagoro, he went to Government Secondary Technical School (GSTS) Mashi, Katsina State and obtained West African School Certificate in 1978. In1983, he got admission to Bida Polytechnic where he got OND in Electrical Engineering. Not done with education as he pursued it in growing through the ranks on his job, he went to Kaduna Polytechnic for his HND in 1989 on the same course. In the year 2004, Mr. Adams Tinat went for a Post-Graduate (Post HND) Programme in Electronic/Communications Engineering at Kaduna Polytechnic. He further went and obtained a PGD Certificate in Electrical Engineering from Bayero University, Kano in 2014.
The humble “Ambassador of the Masses as he is called in Kaduna Refinery stared his career life at Kaduna Refining and Petrochemical Company (KRPC) in 1984 as Process Plant Operator. In 1988 he was promoted to the rank of a Senior Operator at the Process Plant and was in this capacity till 1990. In 1992 he was elevated as a Panel Operator at the Production Department. In his working life, he was always relating with the junior workers as he always fight for their rights and privileges. No wonder in 1995, he was elected as the KRPC PENGASSAN Branch Chairman up to 1997. Due to his discipline as an Electronic Instrument Engineer, he was moved from Process Operation to Engineering and Technical Service (ETSD) as an Instrument Engineer in the year 1992.
In the year 2003, he was elevated to Instrument Project Engineer and promoted to Project Superintendent in 2005. As a golden fish that has no hidden place, he was fished out and made a Technical Assistant to the Managing Director of PPMC at the Headquarters in Abuja in 2005; he was in that capacity up to the year 2009. This place gave him the opportunity of touching humanity as he empowered a lot of people not minding where they came from, he gave a lot of assistance to his community and offered scholarship to uncountable number of students who are doing well in the society today, God lifted him to the position of Acting Deputy Manager in 2009, he was in charge of Pipeline Right of Way (PROW) up to the year 2012. He became Depot Manager at Calabar in 2013 then moved as Deputy Manager in Charge of Research and Intelligence in 2014, he was in that capacity up to 2017. In the same year he became Deputy Manager Human Resources, Shipping Company at the Headquarters in Abuja. It was at this capacity that he retired in 2018 without any blemish found on his records. In 2019, MAC Theological Institute located at 2027 Old Vicksburg Road, Clinton Mississippi (USA) convert him with a Honorary Doctorate Degree.
– As Depot Manager Calabar Depot, he led a team to traverse the 4 Kilometer Pipeline Network from the Jetty to the Depot and discovered a series of underground welded and connected Hose by Vandals. This Action Drastically reduced the wholesome Regular Petroleum product Losses to almost zero, hence saves substantial amount of millions of money for NNPC
– In 2011 he led a team as DM; PROW in Kaduna area that successfully commissioned the Kaduna to Suleja Reversed pumping that lasted about 15 years of unsuccessful commissioning by previous teams. As at today, from 2011-2014 a total of 307,000 cubic meters culminating to a saving of 662 Million Naira as against what would have been paid by PEF if trucking was done from the South.
– Repair of 310 Pipeline Breaking/Ruptures, which translate to about N32.2 Million in cost saving within 11 months as at 2010 (3rd Party callout contract).
– Repair and commission of Pipeline to resume pumping operation to Depot after a prolong lay off since 2005.
– Ensure Pipeline Security by resolving conflicts/persistent threats arising from the disengagement of Pipeline Row Community Guards to Date.
– Achieved 90% Pipeline availability by promptly attending to willful and malicious pipeline damages by 3rd party saboteurs.
– He provided Technical Assistance to effectively make the work of the MD PPMC Attainable.
– As KRPC PENGASSAN Branch Chairman 1995-1997, contributed actively in Management Union Negotiations in Achieving 75% value addition to NNPC wage increase during the years under review.
The Zonkwa Born Professional in the Oil and Gas Industry married Rose Nduwan who is a Nurse/Retired Matron and the family is blessed with four lovely children. The Adams Tinat Foundation has provided succor to the weak, elderly, widows, orphanages homes and free scholarship to orphans in all cadres of education in Nigeria. The ECWA Church Elder who has deep interest in politics as a Unionist sees public office as an opportunity to touch lives in order to benefit humanity.
With his verse knowledge of the Oil and Gas Industry, people like Adams Tinat deserve to be honored and celebrated in the society. Now that he is retired with a lot of experiences in the oil and gas industry as well as the offices he held while working, he is a very good material in the services of Nigeria at whatever capacity with the government of the day.
He is a trusted fellow who has not abused office in the past at the NNPC group .Once he is invited to add value to the country again, it is going to be a big advantage to generality of people because he is not a selfish person .Based on the strength of the above, Mr. Adams Tinat is among those shortlisted to be conferred with a Honorary Doctorate Degree due to his services to Nigeria and the Christian Community, he is indeed a great asset to MACCORPS and to the world body in the United States due to his passion for humanity in terms of philanthropic gestures.